Friday, March 12, 2010
Pat Tillman an American hero has a foundation that offers scholarships and light of the recent D.O.D announcement that the D.O.D spouses program funding education has been closed out to new members the timing couldn’t be any better for spouses needing help in earning a college degree.
The Pat Tillman Foundation offers scholarships to veterans, active duty (whose can show need) and dependents of servicemembers to include spouses. To be eligible students must meet the following criteria:
1. Financial need for basic educational and living expenses, not covered by other means
2. Military service (or military service of a mother, father, or spouse)
3. Developed educational and career ambitions
4. A record of past personal achievement
5. Their story through compelling, thoughtful, and genuine essay question responses
6. A record of service to others in the community and a desire to continue such service
A G.P.A of 3.0 must be maintained to continue scholarship eligibility. The scholarship is unique its flexibility in that spouses of veterans or active duty members can apply and a son or daughter up the age of 29 may apply for the scholarship.
The scholarship does require three essays on reason for financial need; military and public service motivation and experiences; and educational, career and service ambitions
The online application will be available at http://www.pattillmanfoundation.org/tillman-military-scholars.aspx and must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. EST on April 30, 2010.
Posted by elearningking